The 8-week online course is designed to support and educate friends and families of people who have received a psychiatric diagnosis and/or who are struggling with mental health problems. You can participate during the hours that fit your schedule in this asynchronous class.
Research shows that family recovery education and support dramatically improves the lives of individuals and families and promotes long-term recovery.
Course content will be delivered to your email inbox twice a week and will also include access to a password-protected online learning community where you can find additional resources, videos, homework challenges and facilitated community discussions.
Pre-registration for the “Transforming Our Suffering” Course is strongly reccommended. Enrollment is limited to 50 participants. International participants welcome. If you have any questions or wish to join waiting list, please email krista at practicerecovery.com.
Week 1: Your Stories Your Experiences
Week 2: Mental Health, Distress, and Psychosis- A Continuum
Week 3: Fundamentals of Mental Health Recovery
Week 4: Hopelessness and The Power of Hope + Resilience
Week 5: Attitudes and Behaviours of a Strengths Based Perspective
Week 6: Relationship Building Amidst Psychosis + Communicating in Extreme Times
Week 7: Boundaries, Limits and Barriers
Week 8: Celebrating Recovery Stories and Understanding Yours
What The Course Includes
- Lessons on key recovery concepts complete with worksheets, challenges and dares to help families not just cope but thrive.
- Thought-provoking audio interviews and videos with psychiatric survivors and related professionals.
- Online access to a time limited password protected community where families can share, discuss and support each other.
- Downloadable art, PDF documents, worksheets and photography to inspire the journey.
- Availability of personal recovery coaching sessions via Skype to enhance the group experience.
- Tools, tips, and practices for approaching and integrating recovery perspectives into the family in a powerful way.
- A learning environment that is light-hearted while still being substantial and profound.
To register, visit here.
If you have any questions about the course, please email Krista MacKinnon at: krista @ practice recovery dot com.